Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

new and need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
FX4
Default new and need help

I have a 99 Vic. and it started to miss/ slip the other day. Took it in to a garage and they replaced the plugs, fuel filter, trans filter, fluid and added conditioner and it did not solve the problem. Now the check engine light came on blinking and the car runs badly, rough, and when trying to pass a car,I stepped on the pedal the engine reeved up and I did not go any faster???Nowthe CEL stays on and seems to run better but still has the engine miss or the tranny slip. (very mild though)Somtimes the CEL will start to blink, the car will run rough and then the light will go out or stay on. The Garage said I need a new Trans, what do you think....

Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Default RE: new and need help

hey fx,as far as what you did will not help a slip problem.it goes beyond a fluid change.you need to scan the car for fault codes,as well as making sure the charging system is ok,(low voltage will cause computer and sensor problems).it may be just a sensor on or in the trans or it maybe picking up a fualt code for the slip.i cant say totally without any more info codes or a pressure test on the trans.....let me know what the codes are and ill help you out....joey im an a.s.e.master tech automechanic and trans rebuilder.........