Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

power steering brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Hey guys..
I just checked around the under side of my car to make sure nothing els might be going on around the brakes, checked all the lines and rotors, in case I need to have them turned, I'm replacing the pads beings I will have the old ones off. I bought the car a year ago.
I noticed I have all disc brakes, will that change the procedure other then I don't have wheel cylinders?.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Sorry for late reply, I was unable to log in.

Age doesn’t matter when you have the drive to do the job.

As for the rear rotors. Just means a little more expense. More rubber hoses and 2 more calipers. Watch for a valve back there too. Many have them and there are plungers inside with O-rings, I am having internet issues and unable to log into alldata atm to double check, but you can look for them when car is up and apart.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:14 PM

Thank's.
No worries.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:31 PM

Wow !

What an experience, First I want to thank ALL of you for your help.

My nephew is a blessing, he turned me on to Rock Auto on line, I had a real pain in the neck with getting parts, no one had a master cylinder, had to order a re-maned and then when I went to pick it up I got the (Oh It's a girl lets rip her off) they lost my part in transit from Seattle to Portland but they had a new one I could get for $40 more, as I was walking out I said ( no way I can get a new one for the price of your re-maned only gotta wait three days) so I did...part store wanted $102.00 for new, no core return. Rock Auto..$52.00 plus $10. shipping for new.

My nephew helped me tremendous, he did all the heavy work,he had the floor jack and compressor, we got everything off open and flushed and dried, I did take pix but after doing the first caliper it was in my head,replaced everything except the tires and master cylinder, filled the master cylinder, bench bled it, that was a b***h, we looked at each other and said (this its it)he put it on ..I got the bleeding supplies ready and hook up the battery. we bled the brakes..what a difference, they are better then when I bought the car, took it to a part store checked the HCU.. no air. . Now I just gotta wait an see if it throws a code. I forgot how much I love my Ford . always loved cars even as a little girl, not sure if any of you remember Rod Action Mag? in the 70s I had all the pages cut out and on my walls in my room, never could afford a new car, so I bought used and fixed it my self. learned a lot. Fords have always been my best car and trucks.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!..I'M BACK ON THE ROAD.

Last edited by Silver tonic; 04-08-2012 at 01:33 PM.