Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

2003 Ford E350 Remote module.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 09:34 AM
Default 2003 Ford E350 Remote module.

Hello everyone, new here!

I bought an 03 E350 XLT ford econoline, I'm in process to figure out about the whole keyless entry deal. It has power windows and power door locks. I'm trying to find if it has a remote module anywhere. I've called the Ford dealership here and provided the VIN to see if they can find out if it came with a factory remote or if it has a module. They said that they weren't able to find anything as it was an older vehicle.
I've tried looking for the module myself, under the passenger kick panel, passanger b pillar, and etc. No luck

Anyone know where the module location may be if it has one? Also the driver window does have a "viper" sticker on it, so maybe someone already installed an aftermarket module? If so, where will it may be located?

Thank you

Last edited by jzedder; 04-15-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:49 PM

I might be wrong, but I believe if it had a remote the sensor is at the bottom of the steering column.

Old 07-11-2022, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Baker
I might be wrong, but I believe if it had a remote the sensor is at the bottom of the steering column.
No its no luck.
I found a video that explains it being under the passanger kick panel. Ive searched both areas, the driver and passanger kick panel sides.

Old 07-11-2022, 06:20 PM

Under the dash, left side, to the right of the steering column there are 3 modules mounted against the firewall . The 1st one on the driver's side is the
"Vehicle Security Module". That is where the module is that you are looking for. You will may need to remove some "stuff " to see them, but that is where it is located.
No wonder you couldn't find it !

Old 07-12-2022, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Under the dash, left side, to the right of the steering column there are 3 modules mounted against the firewall . The 1st one on the driver's side is the
"Vehicle Security Module". That is where the module is that you are looking for. You will may need to remove some "stuff " to see them, but that is where it is located.
No wonder you couldn't find it !
In the F series, yes that's where they are. Not in the E series no. I've had the ENTIRE ignition taken apart because the van was attempted to be stolen from the previous owner so I had to replace all of it, also had most of the dash gutted before for some custom wiring I had to do for a rear backup cam, wiring some diodes, 7 pin tow wiring, custom stereo install and some other stuff. Needles to say, while I was doing all that I was searching for the module or the wiring. I didn't find anything.
BUT today after doing A TON of research, it turns out that the older e series have all that wiring either in the passanger A pillar, passanger kick panel or in the driver B pillar behind the driver seat towards the base (the entire sidewall needs to come off) meaning I need to take out the rear seats.

I didn't have time to do that today, for the B pillar. Most of the plastic is sun burnt and is really hard to pry without breaking. I will keep this updated with my progress. All I need to access is the remote module harness wires.

Sources -

https://www.thedieselstop.com/thread...e-shot.272488/

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ry-module.html

https://www.2carpros.com/questions/f...-series-van--5

Old 07-12-2022, 07:55 AM

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing that module behind the driver's seat on the E series. It was a stinker to access because there was the divider between the driver and the cargo area. Thanks for reminding us.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing that module behind the driver's seat on the E series. It was a stinker to access because there was the divider between the driver and the cargo area. Thanks for reminding us.
So I found out where it's supposed to be, I found all the wiring. It is all by the driver B pillar behind the sidewall, left of the driver seat belt at the base.