Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

69 shorty commercial display model e200

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 08:01 PM
Default 69 shorty commercial display model e200

Big project I'm working on here and can use advice from anyone who's familiar. Currently looking to add disc brakes all around. I have 15x10 rear and 15x8 front

Non window side

Straight six 300, has the original seats with upgraded fabric pattern. Like 1000 of these were made this year for this display model. Possible diamond in rough type of find.

Window side
on order. 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern. Wilwood brakes is what I wanted because those are sweet but after talking to people from wilwood is that I need to use f100 spindle to interchange and they have something that works. I or they didn't know if that was possible. I have asked around and so far I've heard that it is not. I've heard 2 ways of doing disc brakes for this one being scarbird has a part that I can buy that makes for bolting on disc brakes (crown Vic and a bunch of parts confusing as hell) can I use this with the Wilwood? I have not got confirmation on that. The other was to find stock disc brakes from a later year econoline to bolt on. Sounds great if I could find I've been shut down by summit and Leeds so far still a few more to contact. Hopefully someone out there has figured out a solution and can point me in the right direction for Wilwood quality. I post some pics plan on street/hot/rat rodding this puppy out and not turning into a RV or bogie van.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:35 AM

Very interesting van there, windows only one side ? I have same year model in a Club Wagon. Where did you find this one ? Mine is currently located in Southern New Mexico. Steele Rubber has all the rubber window and door molding trims from what I understand. Good luck with this man ! Keep us posted on your progress !

Old 08-10-2021, 09:22 AM

A little side note, I knew a gent that had an older Econoline and a movie maker bought it to make a particular movie. They paid a lot of $$$ for the vehicle too.