Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

92 e350 exhaust system HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:07 AM
Default 92 e350 exhaust system HELP!

I having a really hard time listening to the annoying sound of my a 1992 E350 (extended body) 8C 5.8L exhaust system.
I guess I need to replace the whole system.
I've check locally thru a autoparts store and they're asking $1100 just in parts.
I know it can cost me less than that in the web but since they are sold in separated parts I can't figure it out what I really need to order.
All the drawings that I find are different from what my cargo van has installed.

Can you guys help me in finding the right exhaust system?
-My van has dual exit tail pipes and I only see single pipes. What's the difference? Can I switch to single pipe?
-What parts do I need to order if I want to replace the whole system (from what comes after the manifold)?
-The van is running without power eventhough I made a tune up(spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, ignition wire)
Is possible that the converter is causing lack of power?.

Thanks for your time.
MK

Old 12-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Default RE: 92 e350 exhaust system HELP!

First I am not sure if your exhaust is factory or not ,if it is factory then it may have been a special order. Ok so if it was optional you will not find it in the book,so take it to Minakee or Coolman Muffler whoever and I would guess you can get it for less than the $1100 by almost half. The power is more likely timing bad plug wires or a fuel filter dirty injectors do one at a time so you know for sure. Fuel injector cleaner like Seafoam or another higher quality Chevron seems to work ok/ok. But if you do the muffler shop walk in and look at some of the work. I see allot of scab welders who could screw up a wet dream. But for all your cussing and knuckle busting you will not do as good of a job unless you have a lift and welder and a pipe bender. If your bent on doing it look at NAPAAUTO.com I found the top of the line mufflers and pipe all clamps hangers ect for around $600 for dual CAT back,so my friend don't get burned.
[align=left] [/align]