Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

AC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Default AC Problems

I have a 1997 econoline van. My air conditioning isn’t working, no blower or even heater. I checked all the fuses associated with these, they are fine. Even the relay. Thanks in advance for any help. Kent

Old 07-30-2010, 08:20 PM

If you can, remove the blower switch panel and check the plug behind the blower switch. If it has melted the plastic plug, remove the wires and try reinstalling them. The blower motors require a good amount of current and I have seen many with melted plugs and overheated connections that just wouldn't work anymore. Some had to have the plug that comes with the wires attached replaced. Others I was able to just remove the overheated wires clean and reinstall them individually. Let us know if this helps solve your problem. ,,,,,,,,,,,hanky

Old 07-31-2010, 12:03 PM

Blower switch...blower switch panel....I don't know what or where the blower switch is. This is a newer van and I haven't bought a repair manual for it. Will probably do so today...was also considering a year subscription to AllData through Auto zone. What would you suggest? Thanks so much for your help...I'll await your reply.

Kent

Old 07-31-2010, 02:56 PM

The blower switch I am referring to is ,the three position switch you turn on to get the system to blow hot or cold air. If you have the owner's manual it shows you where it is and what it does. If you don't have the owners manual go to this website. ford manuals .com You can get it free.,,,,,,,hanky

Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 AM

Found it...loose black wire on the 2 wire plug in on top of the blower. Everything works now...thanks.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Default Ranger AC

AC clutch keep going on and off ?

Old 12-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Default Re: AC Problems

Hay guys.there was same AC problem with my car. i tried many solutions and searched on internet, asked my friends but it did not work. at last i visited to Gil's Automotive Services. They are expert in AC repairing.They can answer all questions related to AC.Gil's Automotive Services center offer a wide range of auto repair services including Tires change,breaks,shocks,alignment,suspension,ac service etc.