Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Low voltage at headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by etinpa
I don't think any of us really knows the full extent of what exactly is involved is the "Control" section (which I believe is within the SJB). The only clues we have is experience and the list of inputs in my post #5 in this thread.

Since the OP said the system works correctly when the relay is not present, I have to believe that the cause is some interaction between the relay coil and the FET itself.
I believe you guys are correct. The problem was never with the OEM DRL system. The OEM DRL have been disabled in the BCM. Just like you said etinpa, All works fine stock. I added 2 Bosch relays, one to supply 12 v and the other to turn off the DRL of the aftermarket DRL (that come integrated in the new LED headlights), when I turn on the headlights. To sum it up, the problem I had was when connecting the low beam to the relay, it buzzed and dropped voltage. Had I thought about using the park lamps connected to the relay from the start, I would have never encountered this problem lol. You really brought up a good point with the park lamp vs the low beam!

Thanks again!!!