Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2007 Ford Escape liteup like a Chrismas tree and speedometer quite working

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2024 | 01:35 PM
|
Default 2007 Ford Escape liteup like a Chrismas tree and speedometer quite working

I have a very unusual problem. Mybe someone has at lease heard of something like this.

All of a sudden every lit on my dashboard has lit uo. like a Christmas tree. Suddenly my windows do
t work. But Ive used 3 different computers, and I am getting do error codes. (Thats the strange part) My engine is still working good - no misfires.

Old 10-13-2024 | 06:22 PM

Check my signature below. What engine size? If 2.3L hybrid or not, or 3.0L
What does your 3 computers in your house anything to do with your car?

Issue like this could be voltage regulator.

Old 10-13-2024 | 06:55 PM
|
Exclamation 2007 Ford Escape

3.0L automatic transmition, the comouters in my house, I was trying to say that I have no error mesages checked by 3 different machines pluged into the car's computer port..

Old 10-13-2024 | 10:45 PM

Last edited by heiko; 10-13-2024 at 10:59 PM.
Old Yesterday | 08:14 AM
|

I am assuming you are telling me that my generator might be bad. If it was bad (or had a wire dirly or loose, it would show up as an error code? I personely had 2 devices pluged into this car plus used Orellys computer check and there computer showed no error codes.

Somebody somewhere must have had multiple thingss go wrong at the same time (like the speedometer and electic windows not moving.

Old Yesterday | 08:20 AM
|

I am asuming you are sayin that my generator might be bad or at least have a loose wire. Why then am I not getting any error codes. I have two diffent machines that plugged into my cars port and I also used the machine at Orrileys Auto Parts, and still no error messages.

I,e, the spedometer and the electric widiws quite working at the same time, but the engine still runs smoothly.

Old Yesterday | 12:10 PM

What we need is a POWER Distribution diagram of your vehicle if Heiko can produce it.
It would help and be appreciated very much.

Not all problems will or are capable of producing a code.

Until we get the diagram, suppose you check the positive power supplied to those systems/ components, includes ALL the fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash.

Old Yesterday | 02:17 PM

If it's just power window not working, that could be a lot of possibilities including wiring and fuses and others.
If a device (i.e. cluster) is not supposed to illuminate but you are seeing Christmas tree, plus a malfunction power window at the same time, that's a good symptom of bad voltage regulator.
Run the no load test first.

Clean all the cables on the alternator. Other thing you could do, just remove both battery cables and clean the terminals (use wire brush if needed) and reconnect.

Last edited by heiko; Yesterday at 05:57 PM.
Old Today | 06:22 AM

Suppose we step back and look at what is the condition when all the lights on the dash come on ?

Doesn't this happen when we interrupted power to the dash because we turned the key off then turned it on again?

OK, now we have something to check.
If verified all connections are good, think about this,
when a required ground connection is lost, those electrons will try to find a way to complete the circuit and if they find a way through the dash ground , a path through the warning light ground could cause them to now illuminate. This is basic electricity.

Intermittent connections at the alternator can send stray signals through the system and wierd things happen when electronics get unwanted signals.
I doubt if those signals will cut power and restore it again. Battery power is constant , UNLESS, power is interrupted by a questionable power connection supplying the system.. There are always 2 parts to a circuit, power and ground. So, don't overlook a possible questionable ground connection for the dash too.