Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2014 Ford Escape coolant issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020 | 01:15 PM

If you are out of warranty and there is not a recall yes you have to pay out of pocket, same as if anything else breaks after warranty.

Old 08-06-2021 | 01:16 PM
Default 2014 Ford Escape Coolant Issue

Hi,
I've had similar issues with my 2014 Ford Escape. I've gotten the high temp warning/limp mode after remote starts, I've had coolant bubbling, and an overheating engine. I've brought the car in numerous times and no one is able to figure out the issue. Ford has had my car all week and can't replicate or give me any answers. I brought it to another auto repair shop prior to Ford on this most recent occassion b/c Ford has been less than helpful with this situation and the other car repair shop informed me of a class action lawsuit with Ford and their 2014 Ford Escapes and coolant issues. But no one at Ford is being helpful yet again. Were you able to figure your issue out? Anyone with any advice? I am beyond frustrated with Ford and this vehicle.
Thanks,
Bailey

Originally Posted by rog2867
Update. Went to drive the car yesterday after it was started by remote start. The car sat for 10 minutes to cool down outside. We have a 10 minute timer set to turn the car off after that. We get in to start it and there goes the high temp warning, with the temp gauge pinned and the engine goes into limp mode. This is after I changed out the engine temp block sensor. So we clear the codes and it runs fine, if we don't clear the codes we can't drive it, I know that's the point but after we drive it, it stops. Now its at the garage. Gave the tech the codes that it threw and how we got it to show overheating but of course, they can't recreate it. They drove the car let it sit running now overheating and I know its not losing coolant, Nothing on the ground the reservoir is full. Now whether or not they can make the car go into limp mode and throw the codes should not matter correct? I had given them the codes and I saw no reason to get a tow truck, to take it there when I could just clear them and it works fine.

Another update. I brought the car to the dealer last week they had it 5 days for the white smoke out the tailpipe issue. Of course, it did not do that once when they had it. They said they did a pressure test and they found no leaks which they said means no coolant leak into the cylinder. They found nothing wrong and gave it back to me.

Anyone have any experience with this or can give me any guidance.?

Old 01-25-2022 | 01:19 PM

Any update on this? My car is very similar, other than I do have a leak on the ground (very slow) and can smell it. Got a compression test and nothing was found. My mechanic thinks its a water pump issue, and told me to take it to the dealer. My research on youtube and google (ford should hire me for R&D) may be pointing to a coolant bypass valve "c" replacement. IDK guess I'll go get a maverick oh wait orders are suspended...

Old 03-16-2022 | 06:22 PM
Default Ford Escape coolant sensor

I’ve had the same issue. Coolant sensor was replaced and pressure test was done no leaks found. Coolant replaced. Drove it for 5 minutes and went back into limp mode. Two tow trucks bills later and it’s at a different garage now to see if they can solve the problem. Everyone seems to say the same thing. Hard to even sell it in that condition. Not buying a Ford again that’s for sure.