Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

AWD module failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 04:42 PM
Default AWD module failure

I took my car to dealer today because I was getting all of these warning lights that awd was disabled and pre-collision was disabled and hillstart assist not available and I received a call from Lake Ford that they just had another vehicle with the same issue and the awd module needed to be replaced and the good news was it is covered under warranty and then I found the article below and thought WTH it should have been fixed before I drove it off the lot. 2020 Ford Escape. My husband and I will be talking to the general manager tomorrow.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/7846/customer-satisfaction-program-21b19-awd-module-replacement-2020-2021-ford-bronco-sport-escape-lincoln-corsair

Old 10-29-2022, 03:57 PM
Default Same

The same exact thing happened to me with a bill of $1100 because it took 3 days diagnostics to find it! WTH???

Old 10-29-2022, 04:38 PM
Default AWD module failure

Originally Posted by mrsweed
The same exact thing happened to me with a bill of $1100 because it took 3 days diagnostics to find it! WTH???
they can’t charge you it’s a recall. It is on the internet. I would find it, print it and go back to the dealer to get your money back.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:18 AM
Default Only certain VINS

Originally Posted by Rpatterson
they can’t charge you it’s a recall. It is on the internet. I would find it, print it and go back to the dealer to get your money back.
Sitting at a Dealership with this EXACT issue and they’re telling me it’s only certain VINS, made at one Factory. And the Recall was only effective through April 2022. I showed them the Recall info.

Old 11-22-2022, 12:42 PM

No shame in asking them to show the info with the VIN , now is there?

Old 11-22-2022, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
No shame in asking them to show the info with the VIN , now is there?
We did, that’s why they told us it was only certain VIN’s from 1 Factory. And ours wasn’t on that list. $1,000 later it’s been replaced and I’ve filed a complaint with Ford.. Which I’m sure will go nowhere 😔

Old 11-22-2022, 01:58 PM

Your VIN will tell you which factory produced your vehicle.
Have you considered consulting with another dealership?

Service departments that respect customer inquires usually are cooperative and will show the bulletin if asked.
If you saw it for yourself, then an apology if necessary, otherwise , that is up to you.

Last edited by hanky; 11-22-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:30 AM
Default I'm having the same AWD problem

I imported a 2020 Ford Escape S with AWD to Honduras and I'm having the same problem with AWD alerts:
No Hill-Assist
No Collision-Assist
No Traction Control
Service AdvanceTrac
Service AWD
The result is no AWD. I've tried for months to have the problem repaired but no one here seems to have a clue as to what's wrong and what's needed to fix it.
Can someone please let me know what the fix is? Was a module or connection replaced or something more major? At $1100 repair cost that some have said it sounds like something major but then Ford Dealerships seem to overcharge for the smallest thing.
There are more dirt roads here than paved ones and not having AWD is a serious disadvantage.
Thanks for any help.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:15 PM

You need the services of a diagnostician and a scope to confirm the fault..

Old 02-07-2023, 02:22 PM

I've had the car in the shop for several days at a time and spent over $600 to have mechanics look at it. They can't seem to isolate the problem and even replaced a braking module hoping that was the problem. They've given up and told me to come back when I figure out what's wrong.

I've read where the AWD module in some vehicles has a resistor go out and that makes the module give the indications I've noted in my previous post. As it currently stands I can't even find the real part number for the AWD module even if that is the problem.
Please remember I'm in Honduras where capable technicians go to the U.S. to work.

Quick Reply: AWD module failure