Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

AWD module failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 02:37 PM

Yes unfortunately your mechanics are parts changers, guessing, throwing parts and hoping some will stick

Old 03-10-2023, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by skipper32
I've had the car in the shop for several days at a time and spent over $600 to have mechanics look at it. They can't seem to isolate the problem and even replaced a braking module hoping that was the problem. They've given up and told me to come back when I figure out what's wrong.

I've read where the AWD module in some vehicles has a resistor go out and that makes the module give the indications I've noted in my previous post. As it currently stands I can't even find the real part number for the AWD module even if that is the problem.
Please remember I'm in Honduras where capable technicians go to the U.S. to work.
I have a new to me 2020 Titanium w/AWD and had the same thing happen. It made itself known after I had done some custom wiring. When I went to the dealer, the service writer threw a fit about 'all of my wiring' and wouldn't work on it until the wiring was removed. I complied with his edict and returned the car to him a few days later. Long story short, they replaced the module LX6Z 7P238 AANP. I searched out this module and found "Customer Satisfaction Program 21B19" that describes this issue. It indicated that the affected vehicles were built in Louisville between December 2 2020 through December 17 2020. This was after mine was built in September 2020. Mine was done under warranty. The CSP states what the problem was (a wrong resistor). My Escape is still within warranty, so that may have made a difference, but since it wasn't within the parameters listed in the CSP, I think you have an argument with Ford about coverage. Those bills are some kind of ridiculous. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:20 PM
Default Same.. same

Same thing happened to me. 3 days at the dealer, needed to replace awd control module. 750+ tax plus inspection fee.

I filed a complaint with Ford and also with the NHTSA. Hopeful for an eventual recall and reimbursement if enough people make noise.

What else can you do?

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem

Old 02-23-2024, 04:18 PM

having same issues with mines and when we accelerate the vehicle the rpm's do some jumping around until we pick up speed then goes away. are you having the same issues as well other then all the other codes that are popping up?