Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Got a New Escape

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Auto start/stop is always default On on a start up. Canceling is only KOER.
Auto Off should be canceled in high A.C. request, amongst others..

The feature is by design to meet EPA emissions. That’s why you can’t overide the Off control for extended ops.
For about 80.00 an overide is available for quite a few MY’s

Last edited by Hayapower; 07-12-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn
Well we pulled the trigger and bought a new 2019 Ford Escape Titanium last Friday.

I have a question about the Auto Stop/Start. We have been driving with it engaged. Sometimes when sitting at a light and I have not eased off on the brake pedal at all, the engine will start and the green light go out. Other times the engine stays off until I move. What is causing the different behavior?

On the NAV, any secret way to disable the driving interlock. Mostly it is my wife & I in the car, so whoever is not driving can operate this. And it is such a stupid interlock. I mean I put a music flash drive in and I can completely browse folders and song titles while driving and there are a ton of other things I can do with the screen while driving (that can take away my attention to the road, just as much as typing an address). Yet only the destination setting is blocked. In truth, none should be blocked. Personal responsibility, a driver should be smart enough to not do something unsafe. It should not be the car manufacturers or the government to micro manage this sort of thing.

Also, any way to disable the seat belt dinging or the dinging if you want to sit in the car (stopped) with a door open.
As for stop/ start, if you have the ac on and the cabin temp starts to get warm, the engine will start without you taking your foot off the brake. This info is in the manual.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:09 AM

Thanks. I have 2 other questions.

1. Under the storage area cover, (the foam holder for the spare and it has a few small compartments), at the front corner of that foam holder, on the driver's side is some kind of electronic device, silver with a wire harness connected). What is that? Would it hurt anything if I stored something on top of that. I have a plastic case First Aid kit that fits in there just nice. I only put it there a couple days ago, so I could move it, if need be.

2. While cleaning the inside of the windshield I knocked off the black plastic cover by the rear view mirror, this is the one at the very top of the window, closest to the ceiling. I also noticed under that it had 2 wires with some kind of sensor attached (glued I guess) to the windshield. One of these was loose, no longer glued to the windshield. The loose one is closer to the driver or left if you are sitting in the car looking at the rear view mirror. What is that sensor for?

Old 09-30-2019, 08:10 AM

SOUND SYSTEM QUESTION

I have 2019 Escape Titanium. Not sure the exact specs of the sound system, but whatever the norm in the titanium is. Anyway, I use a USB Mem Stick with all my music on it (mp3's). I have the data fields filled in for all the songs, including GENRE. But the stereo has ignored that field and set it's own list of Genre's. Apparently analyzing each song and applying it's own algorithm to specific Genre's. Is there any way to make it NOT do this and just use the data already entered into that field?

For example, I have a good bit of Contemporary Christian, each song the entry for Genre is "Christian", but it put those as OTHER. Also most of my REGGAE it put as INTERNATIONAL. And many songs I marked as POP it put as ALTERNATIVE.

Very frustrating.

PRIOR QUESTION

Can anyone answer my two prior questions (post immediately above this)? Thanks

Old 10-19-2019, 08:51 PM

I found a solution for the Audio Issue. In Audio Settings there is something called GraceNote Management. I turned that off and now the genres match what I set each MP3 to. So I can choose Christian and it play from my GFC folder & my Petra folder. Same with other genres.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Good to know, thanks for the update..