Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

03 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Default 03 Expedition

Hey Guy's,

So about 3 weeks ago I was looking for that cyl.4 misife. I changed the plugs back to OEM as well as replaced the coil. Light came back on and same misfire code. What I found was the Intake leaking right at the no.4 cyl. the gasket had a slight tear right by the plug hole. Checked the tsb's and found that the 5.4l had quite the problem with leaking intake gaskets causing misfires. This may help some of you with a misfire problem that s leaving you mental.

Now my next head scratcher, after replacing the intake gaskets, new coolant goes in I bled the air out had great heat. Now it seems to have a mind of it's own heat one minute not the next. So I burped it again. after shutting the truck down I could hear air coming from the overflow cap. Seems to be creating air locks randomly. Has anyone else had problems with the caps not holding pressure and causing airlocks? As wells as coolant pressuring out of the overflow with the cap on?

Hope this is descriptive enough, kind of at my end here