Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Looking for a Good, Trustworthy Mechanic - East Bay, Ca

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Default Looking for a Good, Trustworthy Mechanic - East Bay, Ca

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it...

I am looking for a good, trustworthy mechanic in the East Bay Area of California. Preferably somewhere between Pleasanton and Concord along of off of the 680 corridor.

I havea 2000 Expedition; in the past I have run into both Ford and private mechanics that informed me I needed work that I didn't need or didn't do a very good job. So, I have a difficult trusting anyone.

Now, I have some break issues, they are "soft"-this started Sat 11/17. I was out of town and took the car to a local shop. They replaced the master cylinder and rear brake pads. Of course the rear brake pads probably had a month or more left on them. However, the breaks are still mushy!! I am now back in town and took it to a local Ford dealer shop. They want to replace the master cylinder again. What I have learned is that replacing the master cylinder is a troubleshooting technique. If that doesn't work then they move on to other troubleshooting techniques. Since Ford did not put the new master cylinder in, they won't move on without replacing it. They want to charge me OVER twice as much as the shop that worked on it charged. I need to find someone I can trust!!