Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

1994 Explorer Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Default 1994 Explorer Sport

I'm trying to remove my passenger door panel. Unscrewed every logical screw to get it to come off, but I have no idea what i'm doing to be honest. I don't want to risk breaking my door panel at all by trying to rip it off :P. Any help anyone can give me would be grateful. Thanks

Old 06-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 1994 Explorer Sport

Here's the instruction/illustration for the 'low series' trimpanel.. If yours looks different/High series let me know...

Removal and Installation

Remove the two screws retaining the front door trim panel located above the inside door handle . Also remove one screw in the upper front portion of front door trim panel . [/ol]

Remove inside door handle cup at the inside door handle using a screwdriver or sharp object. Retention nibs will flex for easy removal. [/ol]

Remove the screw retaining the window regulator handle . Remove the handle and washer. [/ol]
NOTE: Do not pull on the front door trim panel to remove clips from the inner panel holes.

At each plastic clip location, pry the door inner panel away using a door trim panel removing tool or equivalent. [/ol]
NOTE: Pay special attention to the cut-out in the front door trim panel for the inside door handle , so that it clears the inside door handle during removal without breakage.

Remove panel, lift slightly to remove flange at the top of door trim panel from trough in the glass weatherstrip. [/ol]
For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Replace any bent, damaged or missing plastic clips on the front door trim panel to the front door trim panel , firmly loading clips into slots provided on front door trim panel .

[IMG]local://upfiles/6756/67CF6E9816F24BB091CB650B8A2DCE0C.jpg[/IMG]