Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

2005 ford explorer (Electrical Problem)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Default 2005 ford explorer (Electrical Problem)

so one day i was driving my ford explorer when all of the sudden power windows did not work, interior lights were not working, then the stereo did not play my favorite songs. it all happened one by one. i tried putting in a new fuse because the stock one was burned, and i did but guess what? it burned it again! i try putting on a bigger fuse and it worked.... for a while and then it got burned.
After that i tried going to the ford company service to do a check up it cost over $90. After 3 days passed i went to the Ford C. because they didn't answer the phone to see what was the problem with my suv. When i got there they told me that 5 wires were burned and that they couldn't go much further to see what was the problem, they told me i had to pay over $200 to have it check again! puuusssshhh! yea right! i left...
I then later went to o'reilly auto parts to have it checked and they told me it was the sensor (PO 463) i really don't know what to do.. i really need y'all help.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:52 PM

Dear Sir,
This is what I might try!
First; Do you have an owner's manual for this vehicle? If so, it should tell you just about all the things that are controlled by that fused circuit. Until you can be sure there are no burned, shorted wires in that circuit try checking each item the circuit controls.
If you can obtain a circuit breaker that is the same rating as the correct fuse , install it and you can start disconnecting each item until you no longer hear the circuit breaker opening or clicking. That should be the problem area causing the fuse to blow.
After that , if you can, repair it. If not , let me know and maybe I can help you out.
You can do this, all you need is some patience and a little help. hanky I believe there are Maxi Fuses in the under hood fuse block check them also.

Last edited by hanky; 07-05-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: left something out