Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

99 Explorer Sport wipers don't work!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Default 99 Explorer Sport wipers don't work!

Hello, I am having a problem with my wipers. First off, my wiper fluid hasn't worked in over a year and i've never figured out why. Does anyone know what may be the issue with this? Secondly, I went to use my wipers this morning and nothing happened. You couldn't even hear the motor for the wipers. This has happened before, but it started working after a week or so. Can anyone help me with this problem? I appreciate any helpI can get with either issue. Thanks!

BTW, I have a Focus too, that's why you see that pic.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 99 Explorer Sport wipers don't work!

Could be a few things..

The most common failure is the multi function switch mounted to the column (turns/wipers ect.) But generally you won't loose all the functions.. Could be the GEM/CTM module (Generic Electronic Module/Central Timer Module) that controls the wiper speed/washer pump ect. but is switch controlled by the multi function assembly on the column..Could be a fuse/s or relay/s but again generally you won't loose all the functions.. Or even a bad wiper motor and a bad washer pump motor since they failed at seperate times...With the given failure rate of the multi function switchs I 'd look there first.. Checking the fuses as well prior to any parts changes......