Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

electrical issue with front map light

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Default electrical issue with front map light

My wife and I just picked up her new / used 2008 Eddie Bauer Explorer last night and the dealer said that they repaired the issue that was with the front dome / map light and vanity mirror lights in the sun visors. Well, when we picked up the car last night, the blasted lights still didn't work. They said to bring it back and since it has the certified pre owned warranty, they will fix it no charge. I checked the owners manual to see which fuse it is and the fuse checked out good. Also on that circuit is the puddle lamps, homelink, interior lights, instrument panel lights, and all them work with the exception of front map lights (front dome light) and the visor mirror lights. The fuse is ok for the interior lights. Anything else I should check? My gut feeling is that there is a short or broken wire some place. Should I wait the week and let the dealer mess with it and be without a vehicle for who knows how long or should I try to find the problem? Im a little concerned messing with anything as the vehicle has the canopy / curtain air bags which I know is up in the headliner and A post.

Your thoughts are appreciated.