Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

keyless entry problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Default keyless entry problem

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and registered today. I hope there is someone out there who can help. I have an "02 explorer xlt. The keyless remotes were working fine until recently when i tried the remote, the dashboard flashes quickly and if you open any of the doors, the horn sounds very rapidly and the dash continues flashing and won't stop until I start it. I've researched this high and low and can't find anyone that has a solution to it. I tried re-programming the remotes but it doesn't respond. I even replaced the batteries in the remotes. I've also called about 20 ford dealers and they know nothing unless I bring it in for a diagnostic which ranged anywhere form 49.99 to over 120.00 dollars per 1/2 hr. After some research I think it could be the security control module which I beleive is under the dash on the drivers side. If someone has detailed pics on how to locate and remove it, that would be great. Then again, it could be something completly different and not the SCM.

Before I registered today, I did find a memeber who has the same problem but the help they received was of no help to me and I doubt was of any help to the meber as well. It was nothing more than a shop manual with no diagrams and different scenario problems and how to go about them. But nothing anyone can follow thru. I hope someone out there has better details.

Thank you.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Wink How do I program my Keyless Entry Remote?

Hi,

I recently purchased a keyless entry remote for my 2001 Ford Expedition from keyless-remotes.com, and I lost the configuration instructions. How do I program the key remote? Please help, i need to get to work!

Linda