Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Keyless Remote Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Default Keyless Remote Not Working

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT V-8 4X4. I purchased it new. Since I first purchased it the keyless remote will work for a while and then stop working and then work again. I have switched it out with my extra remote and it does the same thing. It doesn't matter what the weather is or where I am. I can be standing a foot away or 5 feet. I have used the key pad to get in and then tried to lock it with the remote and it still won't work. I can go for a week or two with no problems and all of a sudden it will quit. I can start the vehicle and then get out and no change. I know there is a TSB on it but the dealer says that there is no fix since they can't duplicate the problem. I am very concerned since my warranty is about up. I have taken it to 2 dealers and they say there is nothing that they can do. This forum has helped me before so I am hoping that you will come thru for me again. Thanks!