Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Ford F150 B&O Sound System Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 06:56 PM
Default Ford F150 B&O Sound System Upgrade

Good day all,
I am writing to see if any others have the same problem as I with the B&O upgraded sound system. (I searched for this in the forum but didnt find anything) My November purchased 2022 XLT with upgraded sound ($1000 CAD) is far worse than the truck I traded in, 2018 XLT with no upgraded sound. I believe this is the 7 speaker system (including sub, if it has one) I balanced my sound system with back to front speakers and found there is very little sound coming out of the rear door speakers. To balance rear speakers to the front, my stereo would basically be at 1/4 volume. (go ahead try it with yours) I took this to the dealer and they said its protocol to change the speakers first even though I said there is no way there is anything wrong with the speakers, its the feed to them. ( anyway cheapest easiest items first I guess). When I returned, a month later!!, they installed the new speakers and said Ford has since put out a bulletin saying the speakers will not function any different than what you hear and its normal for the rear speakers to sound much lower than the front. (or something to that effect). Anyone here get any results with Ford or their dealer in resolving this farce? Had I put $1000 towards an updated stereo from a car stereo shop, this would never had left their garage. Let me know if you have made any headway resolving this. IMO this should go straight to B&O to resolve so their equipment doesnt get a bad rap from the most popular truck in North America. They are getting a lot of bad press I would think. I contacted them btw, the say tell ford. Ford says its the way it is.