Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

No reverse with 4R75E

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 05:11 PM
Default No reverse with 4R75E

Hey guys! Lost reverse with the 4R75E (2007) here. I've have read a lot of forum threads and watched some youtube videos before coming here.

So what's going on: I tried to reverse one day and it didn't work. SOMETIMES it does work, I would say, 30% of the tries I could reverse, even though it seems very "weak". All other gears are working normally.

What I've already done: Step 0 - Checked for fault codes and fuses. No codes e faulty fuses. Checked the fluid, it was at correct level and not dark or smelly. Step 1 - Opened the pan, it was not durty, didn't find anything suspecious. Changed the filter, flushed the rest of the fluid throght the return line and added Mercon V to level. Drove about 30miles, no reverse ever since.

I've watched 5 guys solving this issue on youtube, and for all of them, the problem was a broken reverse band.

I was about to take the trasmission off, but then I realized I had to answer a decisive question: Is it possible to reverse 30% of the times with a broken reverse band? Or with a broken reverse band, I would have lost the reverse forever?

If the answer is "with a broken reverse band, you can't reverse whatsoever", so the problem is elsewhere (maybe the servo?) and I don't have to take the transmission off for now. Thank you guys!