Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Part for my f150 door

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Default Part for my f150 door

I am trying to find a part for my door. I have not gone to the dealer yet but will on Monday if I cannot find online.
The part is a plastic bushing that goes on the thing mounted inside the door that the latch mechanism grasps when the door is closed.
I don't even know how to search for such a thing.
I know it is missing because my door will not close nice and tight and when I compared it to the passenger door I found that this was part of the catch mechanism was different.

Anyone got any leads for me?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Part for my f150 door

The part your needing is the 'door striker'.. The nylon roller is actually part of the striker assy. and isn't available seperate from the dealer or anywhere aftermarket that I'm aware of.. An OEM striker is cheap if you factor in shipping ect. Before you replace the striker alone, check for door alignment or worn hinge pins/bushings.. Try and lift/lower the door slightly and there shouldn't be any play (or very slight) in the hinges.. Then, once replaced, if the door is slowly closed it shouldn't 'climb' up onto the striker when closing.. Sometimes sighting along the body lines as the door closes will give an indication if the door hardware is worn or if the door needs an adjustment/alignment.. If you just replace the striker, and the latch/door isn't in alighment it will quickly wear the new roller back out..

The center bolt can be removed by removing the bolt retaining washer, and sometimes you can get lucky finding a suitable nylon piece, but the OEM material is hard nylon, and if to soft of a replacement, it won't last.. In a pinch, I've replaced the roller with copper/aluminuim tubing with good result.. The shoulder on the center bolts diameter can/will vary betweens MY's/vehicles ..

But if thats not an option, than an OEM would be the way to go...