Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Rock Chip on my door (how do it fix it?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Default Rock Chip on my door (how do it fix it?)

Hello all:
I Just recently got rock chip, probably not longer than half the edge of my index finger nail and probably just as thick, on the passanger side door of my new 2007 XLT F150. The color of the truck is dark shadow gray. The rock chip happened early last week when i was in the highway on the way home and although it is not that big, in my mind it stick outs like sore thumb. I just had the truck Simonized yesterday and it looks sweet, except for that area which is not really all that noticeable but since I know it's there it continually bothers me. My question is if anyone knows of a good cover up agent or filler that i could use on that spot? What are my options to get that fixed? I obiously dont want to have the door repainted just for that and that fact that the Simoniz is already on it. So what can I do?

Also, on my old truck i got alot of those thin hairlike scratches which would not chip the paint at all but if you looked at them close enough and ran your nail over them you could feel the groove of the scratch, they were not thick but were long and were also hard to notice unless the sun was shining off of that area then you would be able to see the distortion of the light. How can i prevent this from happening on the new truck?

thanx folks!
~pman

Old 07-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Default RE: Rock Chip on my door (how do it fix it?)

I don't know about shadow gray, but my vehicles are all black and what I usually do is get some fast drying high gloss spray paint and dab it on with a paper towel one layer at a time. After doing each layer wax it and in time you can hardly notice it at all.