Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

1997 Ford F250 Plugs and Boots

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Default 1997 Ford F250 Plugs and Boots

Well heres what going on...i changed my front FOUR plugs closest to the front...well the next four are basically under the dash! The plugs have individual coil packs then a boot that drops down into the heads about four inches IN. any help would be greatly appriciated thanx

Old 12-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Default RE: 1997 Ford F250 Plugs and Boots

Peice of cake. First thing is to use a compressor or vacume to clean loose debris/dirt from the top of the engine. Take 2 screw off the fuel rail brackets on each side. With firm but smooth pressure, use something to pry the rails up and off the injectors. Sometime the injectors stay in the rail, sometimes they stay with the engine. (hence cleaning area keeping crud from going where you dont want it) this make it easier to get to the coil screws and the to the plugs. Theres plenty of room on the driver side, but the passenger side has a plate by the firewall up close to the hood, held on by 3 nuts. It makes a great deal of space when it's just taken off and moved out of the way, leaving everything hooked up to the plate. Now you just get a comfy old pillow or cushion, lay down and dig in. This whole thing took me about 90 minutes to swap all the plugs on my 2001 f250.
When all the plugs/coils are in, aligning the fuel injectors to the rails is not too bad, once all lined up, push down until you can put the 2 screws back into the bracket.