Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Brake or Dashboard trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Default Brake or Dashboard trouble?

Greetings! First of all I'd like to say thanks to all of you who read and respondon this site. It is appreciated. I've got an on going problem with a 1991 ford f-350, 7.3 diesel. The "brake" warning light and the "rear anti-lock" warning light in the dash keep coming on and staying on. this is really a mystery to me now. I have replaced just about all the brake parts. In the front- pads, rotors, and calipers. In the rear- shoes and hardware, drums cut, the whole 9 yards. I even replace worn looking brake lines and the master cylinder. Nothing is leaking, there is no fluid loss and thebrake pedal feels good and solid,yet the warning lights keep shining bright.Does this sound like a brake problem or something electrical going wrong in the dash? How can this be correctly diagnosed and repaired? Thanks again.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Brake or Dashboard trouble?

Underneath the brake fluid reservoir is the brake fluid level sensor.. If 'either' the sensor goes bad, or the connector/contacts corrode it will illuminate the Brake Warning and ABS lights.. If the master cylinder is new, then take a hard look at the connector.. A repair pigtail connector is available..It's a common failure...