Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

THE MOTOR HOPS SITTING AND DRIVING

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:56 AM
Default THE MOTOR HOPS SITTING AND DRIVING

hi ,i came to ford forum to get some help and this is what i got going .my spelling sucks bear with me and let me know anything that may help. ok, here i go ,I BOUGHT A 1993 FORD F250 4X4 AUTO W/OD THAT RUNS OK, I HAVE A 5.8 IN IT THAT DOES NOT LIKE TO SIT STILL ON IDLE, IT HAS THE SHAKES ,AND WHEN I TAKE OFF IT HAS GOT THE POWER, BUT IT HAS A KINDA HOPPING FEEL WHEN ITS IN OVERDRIVE ,AND WHEN I TAKE IT OUT OF OVERDRIVE ITS STILL THERE, BUT NOT THAT BAD FEELS LIKE A MISS. ALL PLUGS CHANGED WIRES CAP ROTOR ALL THAT STUFF .THE TRUCK RAN ON PROPANE ALL ITS LIFE AND NOW ITS GAS, DOES NOT SMOKE KNOCK TICK OR ANYTHING STARTS RIGHT UP AND RUNS LIKE THAT COLD OR HOT DONT MATTER PULLING SOMETHING OR JUST DRIVING. COULD IT BE AN INJECTER CLOGED? NO CHECK LIGHTS ON, DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING ON THIS TRUCK FOR, AC, SMOG, CRUZ CONTROL NOT A THING ,KINDA LIKE IT CANT GET AIR OR GAS ,IT SMELLS KINDA RUFF AT THE TAIL PIPE NOT ANTIFREEZ BUT RICH OR LEAN WOULD THE EGR DO THIS? THERE IS NO VAC LEEKS .PCV IS GOOD AND CLEAN NOT STICKING. WHEN I SHUT THE TRUCK DOWN IT HAS A SOUND LIKE ITS LOSING FUEL PRESHER OR ITS PERGING BY THE COIL BOX? WELL IF YOU GOT THIS READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HECK I'M SAYING ANY HELP IS GOOD HELP THANKS FOR READING

Old 09-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Default RE: THE MOTOR HOPS SITTING AND DRIVING

sounds like same problem I had I replaced fuel injectors and cured my problem

Old 09-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Default RE: THE MOTOR HOPS SITTING AND DRIVING

thanks i will try that here in a week i have others to drive and i will get a set ,any way to test them ?and were did you get yours at ?any good deals out there let me know. thanks i will keep you posted