Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 10:48 AM
Default Remote Start

HI all, I don't know if this has been mentioned or even attempted before but from reading in the expedition forum (my vehicle) I saw through forscan you can enable remote start. So I was wondering if I did so on my moms 2019 F250 (her truck) and bought the ford 4 button remote start remote would I essentially have factory remote start with the correct remote. Im thinking of doing this for her as a Christmas gift. I am tehc savvy and am big into electrical, wiring, and lighting (led's) so feel free to get as technical as need be. Thanks for any help regarding this.

Old 02-20-2023, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Anthony DeVor
HI all, I don't know if this has been mentioned or even attempted before but from reading in the expedition forum (my vehicle) I saw through forscan you can enable remote start. So I was wondering if I did so on my moms 2019 F250 (her truck) and bought the ford 4 button remote start remote would I essentially have factory remote start with the correct remote. Im thinking of doing this for her as a Christmas gift. I am tehc savvy and am big into electrical, wiring, and lighting (led's) so feel free to get as technical as need be. Thanks for any help regarding this.
I have a 2016 F250 and the remote start was not there when i purchased it. I watched some YouTube videos and yes you can enable the remote start feature and with the four button key, you will have remote start. There is a "kit" you can buy with keys and an Antenna that has instructions as well.
Beware though, I bought a kit and my remote start works but i am having issues. The typical remote start sequence does not work on my vehicle. Typically the Unlock button is pressed followed by the start button pressed twice to start. then when running, pressing the start button a single time will stop the engine. My vehicle only requires the start button to be pressed twice. (not safe) and then when running, pressing the start button again will NOT stop my engine., The only way to stop is to insert the key in the ignition and cycle it on then off, or wait for the Remote Start timeout. Mine is set to 10 minutes.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:27 AM

Anthony,
Please see my last update on my issue. The keys that came with my kit were garbage. I purchased OEM Keys from local locksmith and had them programmed to my truck. All is well now. You would never know it did not originally have remote start "enabled". JUST like it came from the factory!

Old 08-25-2023, 04:42 PM

I just installed a remote start antenna and programmed the two keys that came with it using FORScan; however, none of the buttons on the keys work. I can manually lock/unlock the driver door and crank the ignition using the two newly cut/programmed keys, so I believe the keys were cut correctly by the locksmith. I can't REMOTELY lock/unlock the doors, turn the alarm on/off, or remote start the vehicle. I changed out the CR2032 batteries for new ones, but still no luck getting the buttons on the key to function.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue? Did I just get a bad set of keys? Does it sound like I programmed something incorrectly or missed a step in FORScan?