Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Transmission cooler=bad things PLZ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Default Transmission cooler=bad things PLZ HELP

I put on a new transmission cooler last night (god that was hell) and when I was done I went to move my truck and when I pushed on the brakes it went practically to the floor and the steering wasn't working either...None of the brake warning lights are on.

When I try to turn the wheel I get a Moo type sound, same as the brakes. Occassionally my power steering used to spew a little bit out of the top of the cap, but this time around it was like a foaming coming out of the cap. I have no idea what the hell is wrong. I didn't touch anything but the transmission fluid lines/cooler. Is there something near the bumper that I might have smacked when removing/attaching the bumper?

I had the truck into the dealer a couple weeks ago to replace my front left ball joints, and a U joint out back.
Can someone please help me out?

Old 04-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Default RE: Transmission cooler=bad things PLZ HELP

I talked to a bunch of people, and after crawling around my truck for a few hours I'm pretty sure it's just a fluke that the brake booster went out just then, and since the power steering gets power from the brake booster that explains the steering problem.

Unfortunately I wont know for sure for a couple days because the Ford mechanics in my area just went on strike.