Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

turn signal shuts off cruise?? please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Default turn signal shuts off cruise?? please help!

Hello. I've been having a little bit of trouble with my 96 4x4F-250 7.3 truck. Somebody pointed me in this direction and said you guys would probably be able to help, and I sure hope you are willing!

So.. whenever I engage the left hand turn signal, it willat the same timedisengage the cruise control. Also when the left hand turn signal is used, i notice the engine will rev up very slightlyas if to disengage the torque converter lockup. this happens even without the cruise control on. All of this happens when I use the left turn signal, not the right.

One other thing that has been happening has nothing to do with the turn signal. The fuel gauge has been reading incorrecly most of the time. Sometimes the needle jumps around a little bit, butmost of the time it will be reading way higher then full. I have factorydual tanks, andthe gaugefirst started doing it onthe fronttank about abouta month ago. now for the past week or sothe gauge acts up when itson the rear tank as well.

I hopeI've described my problem well, and haven't left out any vital info. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Rigo [align=right][/align]