Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Default CD Player

This might not even have a simple answer but...I recently bought a 2005 focus and its only been a couple months. The cd player will not feed the cd correctly. It was never having problems and now i have a cd stuck in there and it wont read it. It says there isnt a disk. When I try to eject the cd it wont eject. it makes a lil noise like it is trying to eject it then tells me again there isnt a disk. is this a big thing i have to spend money on?

Old 11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CD Player

This is a single disc CD player?

Was it a self recorded CD that is not being recognized? Labels ect. When you first say it wouldn't 'feed' or load the disc correctly, then you state it won't eject,, sounds like it has been a little on going and now stuck? Loading issues 'prior' to being stuck.. Correct?
You may need to pull the audio unit out and remove the cover plate and physically eject the disc.. Then try another disc to see if it repeats the problem since it was working before (?).. I've had a few 6 disc players that one or more of the tray slots aren't recognized, and/or wouldn't eject, and seemed random as to which would play..

The audio units come out pretty easy, and if you can carefully get the stuck disc out, that would be the first step before replacing the unit..

But if it's still under warranty, then it would be covered...