Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

clutch line

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Default clutch line

Hello all. Recently my clutch had a hole in it leaking fluid causing my clutch to soften and of course not shift when the line lost pressure. ? is The line goes from hard line about 1 1/2 foot to soft then to hard asttaching to the firewall clutch area. the soft line sprung the leak and i wanted to know if its possible to simply pop the soft line ends off the 1' piece of line. It appears that the soft line goes over the hard line ends over two ribs but there are no clips holding it securly. The line is ordered as one piece but since the soft line is the only problem It l;ooks like i can somehow pop offf the soft ends and simply replace that line vs taking off the entire line which looks like a pain to so from both ends of the hard metal line . Also I'm curious how the two hared line ends come offf since it looks like there are no nuts to unscrew, hard to tell. ? Can this be a simple easy fix or as the dealer would say it take a few hrs. Thanks. Dave