Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

Drivers' heated seat and mirror.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Default Drivers' heated seat and mirror.

April26th 08,

wasthe most exciting day of my life. Ibought my first car. It's a 2003 Ford Focus ZTS, fully loaded with every option. Car is great; great steering response which give this car great handling and smooth suspension for a confortable ride. It has everything you need for a great price. But, it's all the small things that get to me.

After our first snow storm this late october, I noticed that the snow of my passenger rear view mirror was melting away. Then I suddenly noticed that snow was frozen onto the drivers' side rear view mirror.

And when you wake-up in the morning, onthe first days of under 0 celcius, you want to have a warm car to sit in. But when your heated seat doesn't work and you have leather seats, it's cold.

Would anyone know why the drivers heated seat and mirror wouldn't work, while the passenger side work fine?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Drivers' heated seat and mirror.

Both the heated seats and the mirrors share fuses for R/L components.. Meaning 1 fuse for both mirrors, one for both seats.. So,, if you lost the left mirror heat chances are the mirror heater is defective or a circuit/wire problem.. For the climate control seats, it looks like the bottom cushion and back rest heaters are 'in line' meaning if the bottom cushion heater is faulted and goes open, the back loose's it power distribution as well.. The seat should be checked for a switch/circuit problem prior to condeming the heaters, butthe mirror heaters are controlled by a relay and since the right side is functional proves out the fuse, as well as the relay pointing to a bad mirror element, or possibly a circuit issue to the left side..