Ford Ranger The small pickup that has withstood the test of time offering pickup truck usefulness combined with an affordable price.

Hot air is always blowing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Default Hot air is always blowing!

if you are out there cctxfish, help me! I f I remember correctly there was a guy with a ranger that had the same problem! There is hot air coming out of the vents at all times except when I run the ac on MAX AC(which is really recirculating). the speed control works, from low to high and the selector works sometimes. I think its the motor that controls the valve or the air mixture flow valve could be broken but i can't find them. I looked behind the glove box but i didn't see what i was looking for.
thanks cctxfish if you can offer any help!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Default RE: Hot air is always blowing!

Okay Josser,
The fact that it works on max a/c, has me a little confused. The fact that you said the selector switch works sometimes, has me concerned. I'd try going to a salvage yard and see if they'd let me try the a/c controll switches from one of their vehicles with the understanding that if it works then you buy. The controller for the air duct to direct air to heater core should be setting on top of the air duct assemble, its a white box with 5-6 wires at the connector and a shaft sticking though it. It sits on top and it a tight fit maybe hiding behind some wire harness. Good luck

Old 06-19-2005, 12:30 PM

GO here for the famous blend door fix: http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/

Old 06-21-2005, 07:28 PM

planefella, you hit it right on the head, it was the blend door assembly. the part was like $300 and labor was like $600 plus for a total of over $1k. my mom picked up the tab on that one though.
Only if i had more time to fix it my self. i knew it was the blend door after going to the dealership and looking at the diagrams but dont have time i am a very busy nurse, i fix people for a living.