Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

2010 Taurus SEL Code P0453

Search this Thread

Old Today | 05:50 AM
|
Default 2010 Taurus SEL Code P0453

Hello to everyone and good health. I have a P0453 code when scanned. It's telling me that the fuel tank pressure sensor is reading high. I'm having a hard time trying to solve this code. I've read that the pressure sensor is located either on top of the fuel tank or near the emissions canister. Also trying to see what it looks like and how difficult it is to get to it. There might be other reasons to throw this code. The wiring, the fuel tank tubes etc... If anyone has had this problem and solved it please lend me some advice on how to fix it. Thank you all for reading and sharing your experiences with this.

Old Today | 09:54 AM

One of the reasons for high input from the pressure sensor could be a missing ground for that circuit.

The ground wires are usually black in color and I would suggest you check that black wire at the sensor for having a good ground connection.

Old Today | 02:03 PM
|

Thank you Hanky. Will try that suggestion. Is there a way to access the sensor by removing the back seat? Thanks again

Old Today | 02:28 PM

Please note this is for 2008 (previous generation) than your 2010 for your reference.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pinpoint_Test-HX.pdf (742.6 KB, 0 views)
Old Today | 05:54 PM
|

Good to have this info. Thanks heiko

Last edited by ljpet; Today at 05:57 PM.
Old Today | 06:03 PM
|

Does anyone know if the fuel tank pressure sensor is a plug in type on the fuel tank or is it inline on one of the emission tubes? Thanks

Old Today | 10:02 PM

Check the diagram above there are 5 possible causes and replacing the sensor is the 5th, your last resort so don't blindly throw part at your car. Not to mention the sensor itself might not be the root cause. So check the other 4 first. You might not even need to drop the tank to check the circuit at the sensor, you can do it from the other end of the pigtail if you have the electrical diagrams, sorry I don't.

Let say you get P0175 (system too rich, bank 2), replacing your O2 sensor might not fix the problem because it wasn't the root cause. Your O2 sensor was just the interpreter informing you of the problem, not the root cause.

Don't forget to download the pdf (the pinpoint test) I attached previously, it includes all the details (the root cause) why you re getting P0453, and it's ford taurus specific for 2008, a good reference to you which you should download and read. Zero downloaded at this moment.