Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

Water Pump Inlet

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Default Water Pump Inlet

1999 Ford Taurus DOHC 3.0L V6 - I just replaced the ac compressor. In the process I noticed that the water pump inlet pipe was highly corroded. I figured it would be smart to replace this part while I have access to it. The clamp was nearly impossible to get to, so I just cut the rubber end off. I cannot find this part anywhere aftermarket. I ordered one from the Ford dealership for $192. I'm assuming that this is made from platinum and lined with gold. This is a pipe assembly that is metal with 2 rubber ends. The part number that I used was F6DZ 8A567. Does anybody know of an aftermarket solution to this? Or am I just stuck with the $190 pipe? As badly as this pipe looks corroded, I am surprised that more of these do not fail.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Default RE: Water Pump Inlet

ORIGINAL: dosnotches

1999 Ford Taurus DOHC 3.0L V6 - I just replaced the ac compressor. In the process I noticed that the water pump inlet pipe was highly corroded. I figured it would be smart to replace this part while I have access to it. The clamp was nearly impossible to get to, so I just cut the rubber end off. I cannot find this part anywhere aftermarket. I ordered one from the Ford dealership for $192. I'm assuming that this is made from platinum and lined with gold. This is a pipe assembly that is metal with 2 rubber ends. The part number that I used was F6DZ 8A567. Does anybody know of an aftermarket solution to this? Or am I just stuck with the $190 pipe? As badly as this pipe looks corroded, I am surprised that more of these do not fail.

Hello and Good day to You:

Yes...It's made of Gold, and Lined with Platinum......LOL...No just jokeing....That is a little Priecey...Did you consider going to a Auto Recyler..(junkyard) and look for that part??

Did you try Googling for the Part??...I am truly sorry I don't know where you can get an aftermarket...But I will try a few resources...

Good Luck...and Good Repairing...

here are a couple of links:

http://www.grahamparts.com/parts_inf...t=F6DZ*8A567*A
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=48447
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=55925

Old 01-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Default RE: Water Pump Inlet

Everyone I looked at looks just as corroded. Plus there is a blizzard warning here and this part is nearly impossible to get out (at least for me). Thanks for the links.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:09 PM

I also have a corroded water pump inlet pipe. I pulled the old one off and bought a new one from Ford.
I am having a heck of a time getting the new one on. There seems to be not enough room to maneuver the pipe to get it in the correct position.
Does anyone have any tricks or hints for getting this pipe back on again?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Thumbs up water pump inlet pipe

I had the same problem with pipe, I went to junk yards some didn't wan't to sell part but the yards that had part to sell didn't want to remove it because it was as worn as mine. So I had to pay the $190 for the part.
After ripping out old part(that was very easy) I had to removeinside wheel cover(4 screws),front lower spash cover (8 screws) another radiator bracket(4 screws) and one end off the lower hose to get move hand space.
To install new hose FIRST make sure that the hose clamp clips stay on until hose is installed. SECOND take off serpitene belt. THIRD put the correct end to the thermostat housing, putting hand under past lower hose grabbing rubber end of new hose bending it. THen at same time grab other end bending also! that is when you can menuver the pipe into the correct position. Slip thermo end on first then water pump end.to do this I had to use large screwdriver ta align hose then use two hands to slide on! then bend water pump end on. When all is on you remove clips and youre done!