Ford Thunderbird Starting in the 1950s, this was a classic American sports cars, from the compact original of the 1950s, to the muscular hard top coupes of the 1980s and 1990s to the retro look of the 2003 model year, this car is, and always will be, an American classic.

94 tbird..CHICK NEEDS MAJOR HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Default 94 tbird..CHICK NEEDS MAJOR HELP

So..i changed the oil,and spark plugs yesterday..i take the car into town..the check engine light comes on..wheel locks up car turns off.. ive been having this problem for a while..also, rpm hits to 3 grand when i accelerate to 40mph.So i cant accelerate over 15mph..Check engine light is still on and when i parked it and accelerated there was a popping sound. Not to mention i put 5 quarts of oil in it yesterday i check the dipstick it says there is none, so i put two more quarts still says there is none. What am i supposed to do!?!? help asap.im supposed to go on a roadtrip!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 94 tbird..CHICK NEEDS MAJOR HELP

Check engine light means you have a failure code on the computer. If you have an autozone around, they usually can tell you what the code is for free, or else you will need to get a diagnostic check. As for the oil, don't know what to tell you. Not trying to sound like an ***, but you did put the oil plug back in, and you don't have oil all over the ground?

Old 06-29-2006, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: techmanbd

Check engine light means you have a failure code on the computer. If you have an autozone around, they usually can tell you what the code is for free, or else you will need to get a diagnostic check. As for the oil, don't know what to tell you. Not trying to sound like an ***, but you did put the oil plug back in, and you don't have oil all over the ground?

haha yeah i put the plug back in...one of the cylinders was messed up...figured the problem..dads a mechanic, i just was impatient on waiting for him to get home..all is well for now thanks!

Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 AM

Have fun on your road trip!

Old 06-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: yellowjacket94

ORIGINAL: techmanbd

haha yeah i put the plug back in...one of the cylinders was messed up...figured the problem..dads a mechanic, i just was impatient on waiting for him to get home..all is well for now thanks!

Glad to hear you got it all worked out.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:32 AM

Ya, also I am kind of sketchy on Autozone. Some times they really do not know what they are talking about. I have cought them several times telling me wrong stuff. Even though it is free still maybe not even worth it. Get what you pay for.