General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ford pass App remote start not working.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 04:24 PM
Default ford pass App remote start not working.

i have a 2018 Explorer. the remote start from the Ford Pass App stopped working. it will read all the data from the car and remote lock and unlock the doors. It says "ford pass vehicle failed to start. you must drive your vehicle after two remote start events". it wont remote start even after multiple drives. i have re-installed the App, did a master reset of the sync 3 software and have disconnected the car battery to try to reset it. it will start with the Key Remote. it keeps coming up the same. Please help. Thanks, Brent

Old 01-21-2021, 08:47 AM
Default Ford Pass remote start stopped working...

Originally Posted by barmenta
i have a 2018 Explorer. the remote start from the Ford Pass App stopped working. it will read all the data from the car and remote lock and unlock the doors. It says "ford pass vehicle failed to start. you must drive your vehicle after two remote start events". it wont remote start even after multiple drives. i have re-installed the App, did a master reset of the sync 3 software and have disconnected the car battery to try to reset it. it will start with the Key Remote. it keeps coming up the same. Please help. Thanks, Brent
I'm having the same issue on a brand new Explorer ST, does anyone have a resolution? I've tried all disconnects and reboots as well. TY