General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

FordPass Connect

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 08:03 AM
Question FordPass Connect

I just bought a 2020 Edge SEL and I'm having some issues getting Fordpass Connect setup. Initially, when trying to add the car to "My Garage" in the app, I was getting an message that the car was already added and that I needed to contact the administrator. I know that from looking at vehicle history, that this car used to be a rental. I called Fordpass Connect support and they walked me through a master reset. Once that was done, I was able to add the car to the app, but still haven't been able to complete the setup in the vehicle. I've looked at a number of other forum posts and videos about the setup and followed with no success.

I've tried:
Removing the car from the app
Removing the app from my phone
Master Reset
Re-adding everything

One article that I read mentioned making sure that "Remote Connectivity" is set to enabled on the in-car Fordpass app. But, I dont see those settings. In fact, when I go to where I expect those settings to be I see "Fleet Telematics"

My guess is that either the modem or the VIN is still somehow tied to the previous owners rental fleet. Am I off here?

Select Fordpass Connect from here

Go into Connectivity Settings

This is all I see. No Options for enabling connectivity

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:16 PM

I may have found the answer to this myself. It looks like there is a service bulletin related to this problem
https://ford.oemdtc.com/7086/tcu-inc...0-ford-lincoln

Not sure there is a fix for it yet, however.