General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

im new here but i need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Default im new here but i need help

hi i have a 2005 ford ranger edge and lately i start it up and when it warms up it stalls out and it wont start again but 10 min it starts back up and when it gos it cuts out i changed the fuel filter but its still doing the same thing i need help please

Old 01-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Default RE: im new here but i need help

I need a bit more info. to help you , like how long does it run untill it shuts off , and does it start to idle rough then die? What engine do you have ? does your intake get hot ? do you have a mil light? if you do go to kragen and use their free scanner and get the codes. you could check you DPFEGR (differential pressure feedback exhast gas reciculation) its plastic and can go bad . has to 2 vacuum lines going in to it .this could be alot of things i need you to be very specific .

Old 01-21-2008, 09:17 PM

i have a 2005 ford ranger 3.0 and when i start the truck up and let it run bout 10 min till warm it starts idling rough and dies and it will not start back up until it sits bout 5 to 10 min then it will start back up but run rough it starts up fine when cold and runs but when it get warm it just stalls out i changed the fuel filter but does same thing i really need help

Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 AM

you can try 2 things first find your p.c.v. (positive crankcase ventilation) valve . its either a electricaly heated or coolant heated. it's towards the front of the engine with a rubber hose coming off it going to the throttle plate . remove the hose and with the car running see if there is vacuum on one side , either way it should change the idle maybe even stall out .if it's an eletricaly heated pull the connector going to it (2 wire), that should also change the idle . also find you e.g.r. exhast gas recirulation valve looks like a little flying saucer with a rubber hose going to the top , remove the hose and see if the car doesnt run better . Try that for now and tell me what happens.