General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tornado fuel saver

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Default tornado fuel saver

hi i have an 03 expedition i would like to know does tornado fuel saver works? i would love to save some money on gas but i dont to waste money trying to doing so

Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: tornado fuel saver

From what I have read everywhere, they are a waste of money.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Tested one on our dyno when they first came out and were adv for more hp and we lost hp in my brother 5.0 so then they went to fuel saving and havent heard any good things from that

Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 PM

They cause turbulence in your intake and the last thing you want is a turbulance air steam flowing thru your intake. If you want to save money on fuel, try switching all of your lubricants to AMSOIL 100% synthetics. You'll average about 5-10% increase in mileage depending on what all you put it in. Also, it's cheap insurance for your drive train. A true synthetic like AMSOIL, MOBIL 1 or ROYAL PURPLE would all work about the same. It would be your choice. CASTRO SYNTHETIC is justplain ole' DINO juice that has been manipulated better than other DINO juice. You could also go with a warm air intake. It would reduce your power output, but would increase your mileage. Or try water injection.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the "G2". I had considered buying one but I think I'll pass now. The company's reasoning about why it works sounds logical but I am more interested with personal experiences and yours are appreciated.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Kinda like the old adage.. If it 'sounds' to good to be true it probably is....

Plus, if a device that simple would yield significant MPG gains, you can be sure that it would be standard equipment on the new vehicles, even more so with the rising cost of fuel and the push to become the MPG leader..

Years and years ago,,,,,A freind and I were at a local car show and they had a vendor there that was selling 'inline' spark/coil wire voltage enhancers.. Was supposed to double the voltage or some bull story of that high of improvement (they were 15.00!) and was a simple plug on part that sat on top of the cap, was about the size of a golf ball maybe slightly bigger that was supposed to offer up a cleaner more efficient ignition/burn.. They had an engine and dyno there and would run the engine at cruise speeds and yank a wire or two so you could see the power/torque/RPM fall off.. Then they'd plug their little 'magical device' in, and even with the wire/s still dangling, or pulled again, the readings were almost as good as running on all eight cylinders as before the demo.. They had a valve cover pulled and sprayed water at this thing and even loaded'r up with sand!! to show just how affective their little wonder device was..Coudn't be stopped....

We watched this guy for a good long while, not because we were so amazed what a great product they offered up, but how they were fool'n the crowd and what they had done to the dyno for switches or ? so that it looked good from our view.. Never saw his hands leave our sight, not sure about the feet, and wasn't orchestrated since the crowd was involded and gave him prompts in disbelief... And they sold plenty!

So we ponied up our 7.50 each and bought one.. Suckers!! This thing had cooling fins radiating around the outter diameter since 'no doubt' was a high output part and would 'certainly' melt thehigh quality plastic case.. Gave it some size too.. Go it home and gave'r a wack with a hammer to see the sophisticated harware inside that would answer all our questions, and what could possibly snap a dieing V8 running on 6 or less cylinders into performing like new..

Inside were 2 pennies..... Was a good show..........Not worth 15.00 though ...

Old 06-25-2007, 07:13 PM

Damn "Snake Juice" peddlers!!! [:@]