New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Automotive Refinishing

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Default Automotive Refinishing

Hello everyone ,

I'm new to the forum and I'll be happy to answer any questions about Automotive Refinishing, Exterior Repair, Custom Matched Paint or body work. My goal is to educate as many people as I can in my field of expertise.This is sothey can get the results they want from a DIY exterior repair.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

-Mike

Old 12-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Default RE: Automotive Refinishing

Hi Im looking to paint my truck next year. Im looking for som europan itallan colors that will look factory, any ideas?

Old 12-27-2006, 02:00 PM

If you want specific colors then you will need to get the color codes for them. Otherwise we usually just send out a chip book and you can pick a color from it for this particular situation.

-Mike

Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 PM

Any suggestions for a good mini gun. I've been doing more small repairs and burns and was using my W-400 for my burn in solvent, but didn't like the overspray it threw even on really low pressure with the fan closed down. I bought a cheap mini gun and like the results I'm getting better, the problem is I also use it for color sometimes and it doesn't have a PPS adapter and none is available, so everytime I use color in it, I have to completely tear it down to get it clean enough to run burn in solvent in it, or else I run the risk of getting color in the solvent. My other guns I use (Satajet 3000 for color and Iwata W-400 for clear) are both fitted for PPS and are much easier to clean out after a job. I'm looking for something I can adapt for PPS and atomizes great with about a 1 1/2 to 2" fan and low pressure. Any suggestions other than the Sata minijet? I love the way my 3000 atomizes, but I'm not sure I'm ready to invest in that much for a minijet as I only do burns 1 or 2 times a month. Is the Sharpe mini gun any good, or do you suggest anything else?