New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Fiesta 2011 heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Default Fiesta 2011 heater problems

Hi all

Bought my car in November 2010. 2 weeks later at the end of my workday I went out to start my car and warm it up. The heater would not turn on at all, fiddled with the buttons, turned car off and on an nothing worked. The weather was cold probably -14c. So I decided to drive it down to the dealership and get it looked at unfortunately My windows were to fogged up so i took it into the closest dealership. they said the heater blower fan was gone and it would take a week to get the part and they didn't have loaners. Natually I thought that was crap so they told me to take it to the dealership i bought the car. Anyway I went outside started my car and i tryed the heater again it worked. I drove it down to my dealership and they gave me a loaner and inspected it. they replaced the fuses and relays but didn't find anything wrong with it. Well its now the 16th of January 2011 and up until now its worked fine even in -40c weather. i just went outside to move it and the heater again doesn't work same as last time. Tomorrow i will phone the dealership but i will have to borrow my wifes car to go to work, its a good thing she takes the bus.

Well its a new car and its starting to **** me off. This is the first new car I have ever owned and i never had any problems with any of my old cars.

Any idea's?

Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 AM

Most of the new cars these days are supposed to be made with electronic controls that are supposed to be more dependable. The only sure thing not supposed was the low cost to make the unreliable junk!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 AM

Right you are and I will phone the dealership today and see if they handle it better then last time. watch though I will get the car there and the heater will start working and once again they won't find anything wrong with it.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM

If their techs had the training they were supposed to get , they know pretty well what controls what. That heater is controlled in part by a module and their techs know which one it is. Is the dealer you are taking it to the place you purchased it? In light of the extreme weather conditions , I would tell them give me another vehicle to use until you fix this one! Then watch how fast they will find the problem. Go for it !

Old 01-17-2011, 05:01 PM

Yep same dealership I bought it from. I will be taking it in tomorrow as the weather will be warmer and I should make it down there with the window open.
It will be interesting to see what they find.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Default Cars in

Quip, what the hell does that have to do with my heater problems. Anyway back to the real issue in this thread my Fiesta problems. Okay this is interesting in my start to this thread I mentioned that the dealership said they replaced fuses and a relay well thats what the girl on the phone told me anyway so I took my car in yesterday because it was warmer out (-8c) and while I was there I got a printout of the work they did on the car back in November and in looking at it It actually says they replaced nothing but they fixed a loose wire in the heater fan blower. So the girl on the phone either lied to me or didn't have the facts right, whatever. Rememember how i said that closer dealership had my car and said I would need a new blower fan turns out they were right after all. The dealership called me this afternoon and told me that my Blower fan was gone and they would have to order it from the States and it would take 10 days to get. Crazy stuff can you really trust any big business almost seems like you can't. One good thing about the dealership is they did give me a loaner (fusion) for the duration but get this the only reason im getting a loaner is because i bought the extended warranty( over $3,000). So any who doesn't buy the extended and spends $20,000 on a car the next day if your car doesn't work you pay for a rental as long as you have to. Well thats pretty stupid and get this they also told me that they have Customer drop offs but they won't pick you up when your car is ready.

Anyway I just can't believe this Sh...t

Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 AM

This is after all a Ford owners site and forum. I have a lot of respect for the folks at Ford who try to do the right thing, but, I don't know just how much the company can do to assure their dealers do the right thing. Possibly the problem goes higher up than the dealership. It's sad that we can't assemble a vehicle here with so many imported parts of which the quality is questionable . I guess the almighty dollar is partly responsible.
Let's hope your vehicle's problems are corrected soon with the least amount of inconvenience, oh yea and have a nice day !

Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 PM

Hanky thanks for input and yep it looks like it will take a couple of weeks to get my car back but I got to tell you they gave me a fusion as a loaner and im going to be glad to get my Fiesta back cause I really think its a better car.

Take care Mac

Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM

Hey all, my cars back and with the heater fixed. Glad to get rid of the loaner.

Takecare

Mac

Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the update. Did they tell you what the actual problem was ?