New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

got another AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 04:17 AM
Default got another AC issue

I'm back with another AC issue on my 2011 6.7 f250. We've put the gauges to it vacuumed it down and added freon and got the numbers where need to be but now it might work and blow cold for bout 2hrs then start blowing hot and then it could start blowing cold again. The last time I got in it which was around 8pm lastnight it started off blowing cold and got to 40deg until 15mins later then it went to blowing hot air... Any ideas what it sounds like could be?
Thanx

Old 09-08-2023, 05:38 AM

Can you clue us in as to what was the reason you pulled the vacuum ?

Old 09-08-2023, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Compressor clutch remained engaged?

Old 09-08-2023, 12:42 PM

Since we don't know at this time all that might have been done to the system, we have to ask.

If for some reason it is icing up, there is a reason for that, but we don;t know just what we are working with, meaning we don't know what was the original problem, what parts if any, were changed and so on.
Any bits of info could be important and must not be overlooked.

Old 09-08-2023, 02:39 PM

Sorry so far I've changed to condenser, compressor, and expansion block. Pulled vacuum to add freon in there bc for the last 3wks I think my ac had been working good after I put some stop leak in system bc I do have a small leak in my evaporater and I don't want to pull dash, but this new problem has me puzzled on the fact that it's been in and out on blowing cold last few days so it's got freon

Old 09-09-2023, 08:02 AM

When you remove any A/C parts containing refrigerant oil, you must add the amount drained from the old part to replace that quantity with new oil.

We don't know how low your vacuum pump pulled the system, but it should be below 29 in Hg. If the vacuum was not pumped long enough ( at least 1 hour) to boil off any moisture in the new parts , that moisture will freeze up and interfere with cooling..

Your symptoms kinda lean in that direction..

Old 09-10-2023, 02:40 AM

Put 3.5oz of oil compressor came with B4 installed it. We had it pulled all the way down where it supposed to be and let it set for quite awhile and not sure how much it lost in like 45mins to hr but that was the last straw bc evaporater was only thing left to replace and I wasn't gonna tear into dash or at least yet but that's when I decided to take a chance and use stop leak bc I knew the hole was very tiny bc we lost a lil bit of vacuum every 7mins and stop leak worked with no issues after for bout 3wks now it does this. First part of morning it just blew hot then when started it around 10am it blew cold down to 42 and was good the other 3x I started it yesterday and once last night I felt temp go up a lil in truck bout hr into drive and couple mins all sudden I could feel temp change and go back to cold. Haven't been back in it since so not sure what it's gonna do in the morning when start it.

Old 09-10-2023, 07:15 AM

Not sure if this helps on figuring but the times my ac works last few days is lnowm when start my truck bc it'll start blowing cold then or it's gonna be hot Everytime but has stopped blowing cold and gone hot after it's been started if that makes sense, it's never started working after it's already been started

Old 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
To be honest I don't know if it kicks in or not when it blows hot humid air bc I haven't looked but today is the first time in 4 days that it's actually blowing cold air and I know when it's working it cycles like it should but not to fast like low on freon

Old 09-23-2023, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
I'm such a idiot lol....Thank you, since seeing where you asked this, the other day when started my truck I remembered this and got out to look at compressor and if wasn't on I was gonna tap it to see if it'd start spinning. Well I don't know why but when I saw it wasn't spinning and could see the plug connection I grabbed it with fingers and squeezed together and wouldn't you know compressor instantly went to spinning... that was my problem it wasn't pressed in all the way and guess at times I hit a bump or something where it made contact just enough for it to come on🤦🏽‍♂️. It's been about a week now and no issues...

Quick Reply: got another AC issue