New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Thumbs up Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale

Hi folks:

I'm a newbie to this forum. I was referred here by Mike Allore (Tweed, Ontario Cda - cool guy - a purist when it comes to classics/antiques)

Anyway ... I have a 1964 Mercury Monterey Marauder in almost "mint" condition I want to sell (long story ).

I say "almost Mint" 'cause it's not a long shot from showroom condition but is a close as it can get for having 52,000 original miles on it and needing some minor repair work to compensate for less than normal "wear and tear" ...

- AND -

... aside from a paint job it doesn't look like it has EVER been touched with a restorer's brush ( - if you catch my drift).

FWIW the vehicle is originally from Texas (Austin) and has only been in Canada since 2004/2005. It is now certified and plated (in the Province of Ontario) and I'm driving it as my principal vehicle.

The frame and body metal appear to be totally sound - no bondo that wasn't put on in the factory - some minor superficial rust/deterioration & I lost a small piece of the chrome trim.

The 390cu engine purrs like a {expletive} kitten but I'm too chicken ??? to find where the top end is.

I can tell you that it'll "chirp" in 1st & 2nd & there is absolutely no power loss (throughout the gear range) @ highway or city speeds.

Mike & I pushed it to 90mph today ... the car "floats like a butterfly" ... but it could have been a fine upto $10,000; many months suspension; & confiscation of the vehicle around here ... hence "stings like a (hive of africanized) bee(s)" ... which neither of us can afford right now .... damn where are the good old days??

Rumour has it that the car was built for the (then) Mayor of Austin Texas with 4 doors, "3 on the tree", factory air (working on fixing that), PS/PB and the famous "push button radio" that was "ultimate technology" way back then.

I've attached some pix and there are more details at my website
(www.foxall.com)

I want to sell the car 'cause I acquired it in payment of a debt and am smack in the middle of building a house.

The long and short of it is that I need insulation more than I need the car (remember this is Canada - the "Great White North" ... where "burrrr" is a physical response not just a weed that grows in the garden and sticks to your clothes ).

If you are interested in this vehicle or know of someone who might be I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thx

Ric Foxall
Tweed, Ontario Cda
phone: 613 848-9610
eMail: ric@foxall.com

Attached Thumbnails Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale-passengerfront.closed.jpg   Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale-passengerside.open.jpg   Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale-driverfront.closed.jpg   Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale-rearclosed.jpg   Newbie with '64 Marauder for sale-enginecompartment.jpg  

Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site tweedy..

That's 'alot' of Ford iron there!! Does look like a diamond in the rough though

Any pics of the interior?

Suggestion?,, move it to a better location and out of the dirt and brush area for some pics. It takes away from the car. Don't mean to offend, just took away some of the pizzaz, or first impression for me.. Good luck with the sale, hard to find unmolested examples of Ford iron

Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 AM

Thx for your comments/encouragement.

There are interior shots on my website ... generally speaking the interior is not bad considering the age of the vehicle.

The front seat is however kinda rough and should be repaired. I've asked for some quotes for the job but, as you can appreciate, I'm not really keen on investing more into the car.