Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

2001 ford windstar Argggggh!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Default 2001 ford windstar Argggggh!

So I bought this 01 windstar less than a year ago used. After about 2 months the trans. went out. I had it replaced but then the OD off light started to flash. Took it back to the trans shop, they pulled the codes, Torque converter/clutch error, so the replaced the trans again. Since the second trans. the OD off light continues to flash and I continue to take it back to the trans shop. They have checked everything and cannot seem to find the problem. Anybody have any ideas.

A week after I got it back from the trans shop I was driving up the freeway when the truck in front threw out a piece of tailpipe from underneath. It went under my van and about 3' pierced the fuel tank. Had the fuel tank replaced and now I have to hold the fuel nozzle and trickle the gas into the van because if I leave it it keeps clicking off. I have checked the vapor lines and they are clear and not kinked in any way. Think I have to replace the vapor canister.

On top of that I have the typical problem that everyone has with the windstar of the ABS & Brake light coming on intermitently. I have decided that I have to replace the ABS control unit. Anybody know where I can get one (other than the dealer).

Now on top of everything I suddenly have a problem with excessive fuel consumption. I used to get over 500 miles/tank of gas on the last I got abut 260 miles/tank.

If anyone can give me any ideas on any of this stuff I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:28 AM

Can you get the exact code number the trans shop claims they received?